Follow LarikaMallier on Twitter Random Party: This isn’t a review.

This isn’t a review.


It’s just WHY I think you should watch Dhobi Ghat.
I loved it.
I’m so glad I managed to watch it today. A week late! “Better late than never”
Again, a completely last minute, impromptu plan – The only kind that seem to work !
But, I’ve been looking forward to this one.
And it definitely didn’t disappoint.
Having heard and read mixed reviews about it, I’m glad I made the time to see it and decide for myself.
The portrayal of these lives and their emotions is very real, crude and because of that, fresh.
I’ve heard a lot of complaints about how it just leaves you hanging; Inconclusive in a way.
That’s what makes it all the more brilliant. How many of us are living ‘done deals’ anyway!
But, I drew my own conclusions.
I replayed the last few scenes in my head on the way back home and I thought about what the little gestures meant, from the characters you grow to understand through the course of the film. Whether it was a tear rolling down, or crumpling a paper or running like a madman to do something completely selfless, to reserving your greatest work for yourself; there are so many questions that could be asked and so many meanings that could be drawn from a movie that ends the way this one does.
Which is why, I would LOVE to discuss it with ANYone who’s seen it and feels like discussing it! (*bebe=)) 
I was thoroughly enthralled by the way they managed to capture all kinds of love. All kinds of life.
This definitely isn’t brainless, “feel good” cinema. It’s the kind that makes you think.
But, apart from the philosophical stuff that there really is no end to,
the script and direction leave me looking forward to Kiran Rao’s next. The storytelling was just masterful, in words and by every frame.
Aamir, of course, is awesome; but this time, she really brought the “better” half.
A perfectly cast set of actors that did justice to their roles, Prateik Babbar standing out in particular, was just the icing on the cake.
Watch the movie.

And this was totally a review.

No comments: