Follow LarikaMallier on Twitter Random Party: Got what I need.

Got what I need.

When the world gets to me, be it with work, expectations or not being able to be where I want to be, with the people I love and miss, it's so easy to feel like it couldn't get worse.
And how wrong I am to feel that, because it could. 
It could get so much worse. 
And it could get so much worse, because it's so close to being the best!

In fact I got to thinking, I'm one of the luckiest people alive. 
We're all one of the luckiest people alive, simply because we're just that. 
Alive.

We get to feel frustrated just so that someone or something can ease that frustration.
We get to cry just so that someone or something can come along to make us laugh again.
We get to feel alone so that we value family and real friendship.
We get to feel incompetent to be able to enjoy finally being good at, or getting something right.

When I'm down and feeling defeated, music is the easiest and most efficient pick me up I know of.
Well, music AND lyrics. It is, for so many of us.
The soul shifting genius that spells from these two things when put together in just the right mix by some crafty artist is the stuff I envy them for.
And, I think the Rolling Stones put it so well!

"You can't always get what you want.
But if you try sometimes,
you might find,
You get what you need."

I don't know who this chick is, but I like some of the covers she does. 

No comments: