Follow LarikaMallier on Twitter Random Party: Oh happy day?

Oh happy day?

Last year, I wrote this: Oh what a woman!


But, that was last year.
I've had a relatively normal day.
Nothing is peaches and cream about my life right now and although I can find many things to complain about and get me down, there's no denying that in the larger scheme of things, I've got it all, pretty damn good.


Throughout the day I've been wished, and received messages and mails for Women's Day.
Now I don't think I'm a feminist per se (I'm more, humanist (if there's anything of the sort) - I believe anyone has the ability to do anything and that girls should just give in, when it comes to somethings, just as men should just give in when it comes to certain other things- Also, of late, there's just as much bad and good stuff happening to both men and women alike, the world over!), but I've always liked women's day and letting the women in my life know what they mean to me.
Kind of like, how I always like birthdays.
And I'm sure I'd love valentines day if I had a valentine... Cos, as of now, I really don't care that much.
I'll never forget the one special Valentines I've had though. (No thanks to me - I'm horrible that way :P) But, yeah!
Today's been a little different.
I haven't really bothered replying to most messages.
I haven't even taken the pains to create a cool, personal message like I normally would and send it out...
(I'd started to compose one, out of different song names... but I lost enthusiasm even before I thought of a fifth song!)
None of this means I don't appreciate the thoughts and sentiments of those who did message, or that the women in my life aren't the most freakin' incredible badasses and sweethearts around (but they already know that, or so I hope!) it just means that a lot of other things are on my mind this Women's day.


No, I'm not about to get into any of those things (through my writing anyway). But I AM going to post a couple of links that'll probably give you a decent enough picture as to what I've been thinking about. 
This really isn't meant to be a dampener for anyone, I'm sorry if it is.
I'm not venting, I'm just writing about what I've been thinking of today.
It might not all be current, but it all exists.
I think now, more than ever before we need to celebrate humanity, 
or at least stand for it, if it isn't giving us enough reasons to celebrate.
It'd be pretty easy to say we should stand up against those who're putting us to shame as human beings, but I don't want to say so easily what I know is really hard to do.
Just trying to be decent, non-pretentious specimens of the human race, on the other hand, is something that I believe to be very much within our varying capabilities.


Also, I've had the longest day around designs, dissertations and such, and basically its all been "architecture overload" and I have to return to more of the same. Cue blogging release!
Here are the links.


The news!! Oh! The news. (What's the point?)


TIME Photos (How do you stop injustice if injustice is in demand?)


Yolekha's blogpost (I feel you, my sista!)


Random picture. (Either way, we need each other.)


In praise of good men... and women.


Just be happy you're alive.
Stay pro-life.
Live and let live.
To each their own.
But, of course, women are awesome man!
Being one, even more so.
And no, that doesn't mean men aren't.
Peace.

No comments: