Follow LarikaMallier on Twitter Random Party: Observations, continued...

Observations, continued...


If you've found someone who doesn't bore you and still feels comfortable in prolonged gaps of complete silence, hold on to them. They're definitely special.


There is a HUGE difference between Cold Coffee and Coffee gone cold.
I promise to scowl and give condescending looks to whomever the next person is, who tells me theres nothing I can do about my coffee gone cold, I should just enjoy it like cold coffee! (You can have it.)


The Problem-Formula-Application-Practice analogy is brilliant and can be applied pretty much ANYwhere, from learning animation softwares to learning life.
Basically, everything is based on certain "formula", read: Code of conduct? ... and only with practice do you learn where to apply which formula/code to tackle the overall task/problem/situation.
In short. Get off your lazy ass. You're going nowhere without the practice.
(No! not YOU.
You, ME, US, Them, Whoever... It'll be really stupid if someone reading "you" takes it personally!)


That's another thing. We take TOO much stuff personally.
Observe it for yourself.
How often are you analyzing yourself on the basis of what you "think" others will think about you!
You don't even wait for them to tell you what they think or why they reacted a certain way or why their response was delayed, cos you've already thought of what they're thinking or know that their reaction is based on complete hatred towards you or are positive their delayed response is cos they think you smell. (Sigh! This is too much stress! Let. It. Go.
The observation being, I must stop wasting energy analyzing things that do not need to be analyzed.


I was being sarcastic in that long drawn sentence above...
Just mentioning that, as I've noticed sarcasm does NOT transfer well over text.
Or maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of writing sarcastically yet.


I've said it before and I'll say it again, (mainly 'cause this particular observation has been kicking me in the stomach, slapping me in the face, hitting me on the head, stamping on my toes and has just generally been emotionally abusive!)...
Habits aren't needs, but they pretend very well!


Very often we say things that make absolutely NO sense!
Now this doesn't mean I'm going to stop, just that I am thoroughly aware of my senselessness.
For example:
HOLY CRAP(/other words for crap)! - Crap is not holy. Never was. HolEy, maybe. Not Holy.
or, ROYALLY bored/screwed/late/sleepy/tired - Sometimes I use 'royally' like its the new 'very'.
There are other examples, but I'll refrain from agonizing detail.
You think about it.
How much nonsense do you make?


Driving like a maniac when you're late is pointless. You're already late. You MIGHT only lessen the amount of time you are late by. Besides, when there's good music in the car, why waste it by being distracted by unnecessary near-death-experiences?
Don't say it's for the adrenaline rush, they have extreme adventure sports for that.
Lots of people on the roads have not signed up for your free-for-all thrill fest.
And remember, it doesn't matter what people say, and how much they try to sugar-coat it...
the secret to life is simple.
Do your best to stay alive. 



1 comment:

Sonia Singh said...

Oh my god...This piece is brilliant..I thought my thoughts were tantamount to any kind of blog, given the sarcasm n all!)But you have captured the verbal diarrhea(in my head)so well...and of course ya the almost-sadistic-humor in parts is 'killer'!! luv it. :)
write more!! write more!! Inspire me.