Follow LarikaMallier on Twitter Random Party: My love letter to Waali

My love letter to Waali

Ok, this isn't the official one. THAT's still a work in progress.
Waali has been on my case to write her a love letter because she happened to have read one I wrote and ended up feeling jealous. I'm THAT good apparently...
Thank you thank you. *bows*...
Anyway, the title? It's just a metaphor because this post if FOR Waali.
___________________________________

A couple of years ago life saw us trying to get through a rough patch. 
You know those days, when you just feel stuck!
Things aren't the way they should be. You're doing things you don't like to see yourself do. And you're just stuck.
It may seem, to others, like there are a gazillion ways out. But really, you know it's a lot harder to do than talk about.
Until something, in this case, someONE comes along and changes all of that.
And HOW!  
Out of the blue, completely unexpected.
It's true. Sometimes you're just not the right person to make things better for yourself.
Sometimes, you just HAVE to be rescued. And you're not caught in a crossfire anymore.

Once you let that superhero save the day, it's funny how your dramatic story can turn into quite a fairytale.
Suddenly there are laughs, like there have never been before. And there's NOISE. Unearthly noise! It can drive you nuts. (Trust me, I know!) 
For me, there was (and is) fun and friendship. And a solid someone who I know will take care of something that is so precious to me, I couldn't live without it. After many tests on my part, like Kulfi fights (I may have been the one bleeding in the end, but I SO let him win, man!), and conversations about who God is on beaches at 4am, and little disputes here and there... I can only feel a sense of Peace because this superhero is worthy of the lady he's got. 

(I'm sorry if this post is making you feel worse right now... but the IRON is coming Waali... waaaait for it.)
My point in talking about how things can change for the better in an instant; In just the moment that the universe decides it's completely on your side, is to remind you that nothing that's forever and worth having, comes easy.
I'm going to have a Spiderman moment of my own here and say that,
"With great love comes a greater fight to keep it alive."
(I know I'm the least experienced person to talk (romantically anyway!), but I believe enough in the things I've seen.)
Love always finds a way. 
Distance really means so little when the person means so much.

And while you take it as it comes just remember, 
your girls were there when it began 

and your girls are here, still.

________________
On a completely different note, just today I thought to myself while listening to Tina Turner..."What HAS love got to do with it?" And while writing this... I figured. EVERYfreakingTHING!








  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love you la!! this made me cry !! i know il be fine as long as i have u n niki .. tht means m gonna be fine :)<3