Follow LarikaMallier on Twitter Random Party: I see you.

I see you.

In all our diverseness, we're so much the same.
Yeah- a statement that probably sounds stale by now. (Especially coming from me!)
But its the truth!
Today I, along with some members of the S.S.U.(our inter-religious youth group), had an interaction with about 12 American students from the Loyola Marymount University, LA.
At first we just sat across from each other, uncertain about what to talk about and how to start. But as the discussion progressed from introductions, preconceived  notions we had of each other's country and people to general opinions about life and religion, it just struck a chord with me how unbelievably "typical" and at the same time "unpredictable" we are as a race. The human race. If there ever was a paradox to compete!
In every group of people no matter how varied or not- basically in every gathering of breathing human beings, irrespective of their places of origin and what they do or do not believe, you find joy, you find warmth and a sense of recognition. How often do we pay attention to what it truly means to belong to and feel a part of a species?! - I have a feeling all of this would get knocked into perspective if Aliens came a-calling! :) (hey! it could happen!)
What I'm trying to say, is that we had expected to meet youngsters from a entirely different world. One we'd have to question deeply with a hope to understand. But instead, we connected with people our age, who only happen to live in a country a couple of oceans away, who have such similar thoughts, opinions, likes and dislikes! 
They, like us, are also searching.
Searching for meaning.
Searching for fulfillment.
Searching for ways to make their lives, and the lives of people around them, better.
Searching for truth.
I honestly do not believe that there is any one answer to our many questions;
Or that there is any one thing to find at the end of this search we're all partaking in.
I believe only that there are lessons to learn along the way and love and goodness to discover and grow deeply in.
That, for me, is where the beauty of this life lies.
I believe in something greater than us- a God, all-knowing infinite being, a creator, Yahweh, Allah, Krishna, Jesus, call it what you want or don't call it anything at all, that exists to guide us along a path of righteousness; that exists, above all, within each and every one of us.
I believe in love.
I believe in that ability to recognize in a stranger or your closest friend the same beauty you wish to be seen in you, because you know deep within, without a doubt, it is there.
I believe in seeing and being seen-
No strings (and by strings I mean judgement) attached.
And I hope the 'whole' world, sooner than later, will believe it too.


One Love. One Heart.

************************************
(An article by Deepak Chopra that I quite liked)
http://www.oprah.com/article/spirit/knowyourself/pkgempoweryourself/20091118-expert-deepak-chopra-infinite-energy

2 comments:

rohitthomas said...

beautiful...simply beautiful....nothing could have put it bettr than how u put it...awesome stuff..

Unknown said...

<3 it .. esp. the believing in a supreme being part .. we forget na tht the journey is actually too him .. whatever path u choose its cool ... :)