Follow LarikaMallier on Twitter Random Party: Thinking Things

Thinking Things

There was a time I knew exactly who I was   
Headed on a fool-proof path
Confidence in hand
Conviction and strength in heart

    Life was so much simpler
                Innocent and free
                Then growing up, came round the corner
                Things change. Yes, now I see.

I still know what I stand for
I’m afraid, though mostly hoping
I’m not sure where I’m headed
I only know I must keep going.

                The future is full of promise
                It’s been kissed by a beautiful past
                Things happen along life’s journey
                I need to slow down, stop moving so fast.

Tired wings will always tell you
Enjoy the days you’re fit to fly
Never forget what you believe in
While you pick up speed and reach that high.

                Don’t move too far too soon
                You’ll miss out on all that’s there
                Don’t laze and loll and waste away
                ‘Now’ won’t return your share. 

Reflection is my refuge
I think as I’ve always thought
One thing is for sure
We live contradictions- day in, day out.

                I’m off to continue
                My way awaits my tread
                I’ll return sooner or later
                And once more, I'll clear my head.

-Larika-
               
               



               


1 comment:

Unknown said...

:) your just awesome dude...."now" wont return your share.... <3 it!