Follow LarikaMallier on Twitter Random Party: Remember that time?

Remember that time?

I've been through many phases in life so far. And there's almost always been a song or a set of songs that went with those phases. It's funny to sit back and think about how things change. How I've changed!
Some of these songs were like anthems in their time in my life. Songs I believed with every fibre of my being, would never fade away for me! But they did!
The joy they bring on an unexpected return, however, is something I can't explain!
The other day, I spent a little while cleaning out my old drawers... I chanced upon CDs I hadn't seen in forever!
Now my car is full of old CDs from days gone by... Amongst these are my Backstreet Boys Black n Blue and Millennium albums, an old planet pop CD, some CDs that were personally written for me (Thanks Nea!) and my favourite find of all - The Grammy Nominees 2004!
How I loved singing senselessly to Stacey's Mom, who had it going on... and listening to Sting talk about sending love into the future! My all time favourite on that CD (and I can't find a video!) was Hole in the world by the Eagles. I spent such a long time making myself tired of that song. :)
Those are good memories!
So of course this set me off on another one of my everyday mini-missions. Reminding myself of the songs that at some point or the other, for whatever sensible or completely ludicrous reason were a big part of my life.
The first thing that struck me was a time when Hanson were the cutest people ever and the St. Trinians were singing the catchiest song on the block!
I still go "uh-oh! We're in trouble!" when something goes wrong! It's classic in my books. (don't ever wonder why my books don't apply to everyone!)
There was this one phase where Wighfield gave me many reasons to shut my room door and...just dance!
And, I always had a thing for especially nice eyes! :) Hmmm..
It was around then itself when Ace of Base gave me The Sign and I just knew it would always be a Beautiful Life! Happy Nation or not!
It was probably a little later when growing up started to come with some not so happy things attached to it...
Taking things Step by Step, was always good advice!
Some things stay the same though, always!
I still hope to be, one day, lost in love and just... OK.


I realize a lot of those songs were probably well before my time, even THEN! It's probably what happens when you have a sibling, 7 years older than you. Old school does kinda rule! (Not that new school is bad. =))





No comments: