Follow LarikaMallier on Twitter Random Party: The simple things.

The simple things.

So, partly cos I wanted new music, I've been listening to some albums in my free time lately and REALLY loving everything I'm hearing from Ben Harper and Paolo Nutini. By no means is any of this "new" but A LOT of it is new to me. And this one Nutini number... 'Simple Things' started one of my thinking trips...


ok. But FIRST! Paolo Nutini! He's so cool! Not to mention quite good looking! And only 23?! Heh?! ... Good on him! 


So, the point > Simple Things.
I'm so caught up right now thinking about the fabulous future I want to plan that I don't often think about the fabulous-er present I live! Just the other day we were talking about the little things that can make your day or totally ruin it or calm you down or fire you up. It sometimes doesn't take anything big to do all that.
It's the small, simple things that just make life worth the living.
Personally, my favourite time of my day is when I'm driving (alone) and I'm not in a hurry and I've got my music playing. This is like nothing else I know. Whether it's after a sleepless night because I was working on some submission and I'm on the way to college or whether it's when I'm in some corner of this city that is alien to me and I'm completely lost or whether it's after I just spent an hour crying about something stupid or I'm on the way home from whatever kind of day I've had- happy, sad, mad! this time in the car is mine and it's perfect. For anything.
Like it, there are many other simple things that mean so much. And I'm not sure why I'm blogging about it. Then again, I'm not sure why I blog about many things! 
Take for instance that Joshua Radin song! I've loved it for a long time now... But just the other day I posted it just.... because.
The freedom to do things just... because! - I suppose thats another simple thing I love!
Hmmm...


Alright, this post if officially over!
Ciao.
Listen to the song though! =D 
And pay attention to the words.


Peace. Love and all that Jazz. 
(the song is not jazz ha!)


Bye.


Really.


=P


2 comments:

Suz said...

Mother Teresa said "Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."

Btw, I like Ben harper too.. have you heard High Tide or Low Tide? LOVE it! :-)

My prayers in your search..

Laralils said...

Thanks Suz! :)
And yup I have.. Love it too. Specially the version with Jack Johnson...
And Angel by Sarah Mclachlan!!!

Also, I hope alls well with you and that you're happy! :)